In remembrance of this year’s National Employee Appreciation Day that occurred on March 6th, we’re outlining some of the top ways to recognize your team’s efforts. Showing your employees that you value their work is not only good for morale, it can boost your bottom line.
According to an online poll by Harris Interactive for Glassdoor, 81% of employees feel motivated to work harder when their managers show them appreciation. They are also more likely to stay in a job when they feel valued. In summary, taking time to recognize yours employees’ hard work and strengths not only makes people happier, it’s great for business, which is really the best of both worlds. Here are six ideas for employee appreciation this month:
1. Notice the good. Identify a specific accomplishment, action, skill or trait in each employee and praise them for it. When employees feel that you really see and appreciate their efforts, they are more likely to work harder and keep up their efforts.
2. Work around their schedule. If possible, offer flexible scheduling around the holidays or in the summer so employees can spend extra time with friends and family.
3. Celebrate special occasions. Take your team out to lunch to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries or sales goals. Better yet, take them out for no reason at all.
4. Offer financial incentives. Bonuses or pay raises are great reward for exemplary work. While we all like to get compliments from our colleagues, a financial reward often speaks loudest.
5. Update credentials. Offer new roles or title changes. This is especially valuable if your company cannot afford to dole out cash on employee recognition gifts. A new title or new role shows employees that you value their work and helps make them feel they are an important member of the team.
6. Spread the news. If an employee does outstanding work, make sure to let the rest of the team know, whether at the company meeting or via a companywide email. Another idea is to put their picture and efforts up on the company's Facebook, Instagram or Twitter page (just makes sure to get their permission first).
We’re committed to our community of hardworking employees who have won awards for their efforts. We are always on the lookout for people who take pride in their work. Find current job openings at Pacific Office Automation today to become a valued member of our team.← Back
With offices in Oregon, Washington, California, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah, Pacific Office's top-notch sales team and technicians are quick to respond to service and repair requests and offer overall technical support.
Call or e-mail us today to learn more about our multifunction printers, IT services or submit a service work order. We'll be there to help you say, "Problem Solved."