Company culture has surprisingly real effects on your bottom line. Poor corporate culture affects morale, which leads to overall lowered productivity. Thus, investing time in improving your company’s morale can lead to higher profits and happier employees.
Here are our top 7 tips to improve your company culture:
1. Check in regularly with employees about their job satisfaction. When someone on your team is unhappy, they are most likely unable to focus on their work. Talk with your employees regularly about what's working and what's not.
2. Promote collaboration. Humans are social by nature so cultivating a "we're all in this together" attitude is key to keeping employees engaged. Scheduling team lunches or outings is also a great way to build comradery.
3. Communicate your corporate values, and explain how they fit with your company's goals. Explain how an employee's work can help meet those goals. If an employee knows their work is important to the overall company performance, he or she is more likely to take pride in the work.
4. Encourage innovation and creative thinking. The best supervisors and managers recognize and encourage their employees’ strengths and goals. Listen to your employees and be willing to learn from them.
5. Reward good work. Positive reinforcement is a far greater motivator than negative criticism. When a member of your team does an outstanding job, be sure to recognize that they went above and beyond. They’ll be more willing to work towards that standard again.
6. Model the values you seek. Company leaders should know exactly what the company's core values are and how to model them every day. When leaders are focused, passionate and disciplined, their behavior serves as an example for their employees.
7. Promote work-life balance. Employees who feel they are chained to their desk all day or feel like they have to stay late to get ahead will eventually become burned out and resentful. Show employees you care about their life outside of work by offering flexibility with schedules or offering reduced-rate gym memberships. Employees who are balanced and healthy are typically more productive.
At Pacific Office Automation, we believe in improving workflow and boosting productivity so that your team can focus on the big picture. Get more information on our workflow solutions and how we’ve helped other companies achieve their goals. You can also contact us or schedule a workflow analysis to see what Pacific Office can do for you.← Back
With offices in Oregon, Washington, California, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah, Pacific Office's top-notch sales team and technicians are quick to respond to service and repair requests and offer overall technical support.
Call or e-mail us today to learn more about our multifunction printers, IT services or submit a service work order. We'll be there to help you say, "Problem Solved."