Heat can make you crabby, lethargic and take a significant toll on productivity. Even if your office job is air-conditioned, it may be difficult to beat the heat, particularly if you commute or spend time outside the office on sales or service calls. For a better work life, here are 5 life hacks for staying cool at work during the sweltering summer months:
1. Hydrate! It's critical to drink a lot of water in the heat, so keep a water bottle at your desk. It's better to sip water continuously throughout the day rather than chugging it all at once. If you can't seem to remember to drink water, place time-stamped labels at various levels on your water bottle to remind you when to drink. For instance: 8 a.m. at three-quarters full, 10 a.m. at half, noon at one-quarter full, and 3 p.m. at empty.
2. Go Iced If you need your caffeine fix but the idea of sipping a hot cup of joe makes you sweat even by thinking about it, opt for iced coffee. Want to take your iced coffee to the next level? Freeze coffee in an ice cube tray and use those instead to avoid watering down your coffee.
3. Plan Ahead Inevitably, there will be people in your office who get cold easily and ask to have the air conditioning turned down. Personal fans are a good option for those who need cooling down when everyone around them is warming up.
4. Opt for Cool Clothing If you have to dress up, take special consideration with fabric. Go for breathable, lightweight fabrics like cotton or linen, and avoid polyester or nylon. Choose lighter colors whenever possible.
5. Flip the Switch Turn off equipment, reduce lighting and close the blinds. Lights and equipment create extra heat. If you need the lighting, opt for LED lightbulb that won't emit extra heat.
At Pacific Office Automation, we believe a happy office life makes for a more productive business. That's why we use the motto "Problem solved" to help guide businesses to be the most efficient operations they can be. For more information about how we can help you improve workflow and boost productivity, contact us today.← Back
With offices in Oregon, Washington, California, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah, Pacific Office's top-notch sales team and technicians are quick to respond to service and repair requests and offer overall technical support.
Call or e-mail us today to learn more about our multifunction printers, IT services or submit a service work order. We'll be there to help you say, "Problem Solved."